We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

My aunt and I will be arriving on Wed July 9 and we are staying at the Millenium Hilton for 3 nights. We would like to see the 9/11 Memorial on that Thursday. I know the hotel is across from the Memorial. Would anyone recommend I get tickets in advance or would we be safe just to walk up whenever we are ready to see the Memorial? I like to plan ahead but my aunt prefers to "wing it". Any input?

Also, we want to do the harbor lights cruise. Same thing here..............best to buy tickets in advance or do we have a decent chance if we just show up at the pier a few hours beforehand? I'm not sure which day we will do the cruise.

I'm quite familiar with the city but have never done a harbor cruise so this is new to me. Thanks for any advice.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,896 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

Do you want to see just the outdoor memorial or visit the new museum? The outdoor memorial no longer requires tickets at all. You can just walk through it. The museum, on the other hand, does require tickets so you have more control of your time if you book these in advance.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

We will go inside and I know that requires tickets. Can anyone tell me if they have just shown up and bought tickets as they go in? Thanks in advance.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

It is really a hit and miss re 9/11 Museum.

I would reserve in advance. When I visited, people were told that there were tickets available for later that afternoon. I also heard that people were told that there was no availability of another day when they walked up.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

Thank you ter1413. I will reserve online.

5. Re: 9/11 Memorial and Harbor lights cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16