We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

I am trying to buy tickets to see a Broadway show and a lot of the sites say that tickets cannot be shipped out of the US. Am I doing something wrong or am I going onto the wrong sites?. Please can someone help me as my daughter and I are travelling to NY in July and would like to see the show Cabaret and would like to pre purchase the tickets to guarantee that we get to see the show.

We will definitely be going to a TKTS booth to check out discount tickets to other shows.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

You don't need to have the tickets shipped at all. You can pick them up at the theater. Make sure you're purchasing from the official website (either Telecharge or TicketMaster) and you should have a "will call" option or a "print at home" option.

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

Thankyou for your response. I will definitely go to one of those sites that you recommended

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,816 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

No problems with booking from Australia. I've had no problems with any of my bookings yet. "Will Call" means you pick the tickets up at the theatre about half an hour before the show. Or print the tickets at home if it's available and take them with you. Both work fine.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

I've just purchased tickets for two Broadway shows in August through Broadwaybox.com. I chose the Print option for my tickets, and they arrived in a PDF via email within minutes and I printed the file straight away. I will take a copy of the email on my iPhone as a backup.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

Just as an FYI, though you can print them as aussie traveller did, I find it always easier to do will call because it's just one less thing I might forget to bring

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

Another nice thing about , "will call" is you get an actual cardboard ticket which makes a really nice souvenir, much nicer than a piece of paper from your printer.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
640 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

Most Broadway shows do use Telecharge or Ticketmaster but Cabaret is an exception. That show is a Roundabout Theatre production and they have their own ticketing system. Here's a link:

roundabouttheatre.org/tickets/reserve.aspx…

8. Re: Purchasing Broadway tickets by a non US resident

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:17