We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Show tickets

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Show tickets

I have been researching tickets for our Sept 2014 trip. The website newyork.com is much cheaper than others sites I have found. Is this a reputable site in which to buy broadway tickets? I did do a search but nothing came up. Thanks in advance.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Show tickets

We have used broadwaybox.com & playbill.com for many years - found them to be reputable and above board.

Poppa

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Show tickets

Why aren't you using Telecharge or Ticketmaster? You should also check Playbill.com and Broadwaybox.com to see if any of the shows you're interested in have discount codes. (Start checking in July for September dates.) That said, don't use Broadwaybox for so called regularly priced tickets; only use it with a discount code.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Show tickets

broadway.box and playbill.com will direct you to Ticketmaster or Telecharge as they only provide the discount codes and yes, use them for the codes only - not for regularly priced tickets......

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Show tickets

I think newyork.com is another of the sites, like broadwaybox.com and theatermania.com, that posts discount codes. For Broadway shows they should ultimately direct you to either ticketmaster.com or telecharge.com except for the roundabout theater (cabaret, violet) that uses their own service.

What you want to be sure of is that you don't get directed to a site that will charge you extra, ie, more than the face value of the ticket

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Show tickets

Tickets on Telecharge or Ticketmaster are $159 compared to $114 on Newyork.com, therefore just wondering if anyone knows anything about this site. There is no redirection to ticketmaster or telecharge, its a stand alone website.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,273 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Show tickets

What show and what date?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Show tickets

Jersey Boys, September 20, 8 pm showing.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Show tickets

Interesting. I just clicked through and see what you mean. I have a feeling it's legit but still I would not do it -- use www.broadwaybox.com or www.theatermania.com instead as we know these are legit and will give you the same discount.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Show tickets

Thanks, I will check out those sites.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Show tickets

So I checked both sites recommended, and can only get mezzanine centre tickets row H, but on newyork.com I can get orchestra centre, row Q-V for even a little less price. Anyone have experience with this website? Also is closer mezzanine a better seat than further back orchestra? First trip to NYC and Broadway show. Thanks for any help.