We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Trip For Theatre Group

St. Johns, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
NYC Trip For Theatre Group

I will be heading to NYC with my two teen girls, the 2nd weekend in August. They will be performing at the Helen Mills Theatre. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel within walking distance of the theatre? I'm also hoping that the hotel is around resturants/cafes/stores, just in case we need anything. Last question, do the hotels have transportation to and from the airports or do you have to take a taxi?

Mentioned in this post
Helen
Helen
Georgia
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

**I was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel**

You will need to define "reasonable." It means different things to different people. $250/night? $500/night? $750/night?

Most NYC hotels don;t provide shuttles. You can use a taxi or take public transportation based on the airport that you fly into.

Mentioned in this post
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
18,120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

The http://www.helenmills.com/ (137-139 West 26th Street NYC 10001) is in an area which is reasonably residential and should have all the conveniences you need within walking distance.

To get the best help, post your specific travel dates, number of rooms/beds needed and desired/maximum budget.

Airport transfers by public transit is highly possible, but recommendations vary by arrival airport. Hotels generally do not have their own transfer services, or if they do they are probably not the best value.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 16:10
Mentioned in this post
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,403 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

The area right around the theater has a good number of reasonably good, moderately priced hotels.

What is your target budget per night? Exact dates? Even around the same weekend, one day can be pricier than another.

Can you manage with 2 double beds? 2 queen beds?

St. Johns, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

Thank you all for your responses. Their performance dates are 8/8, 8/9, and 8/10, so I was thinking about coming in on the 8/6 or 8/7. and leaving 8/11 or 8/12. 2 doubles would be good enough for the three of us. We a AAA membership, our neighbors said that sometimes their discounts are not that good (hotels). I'm still going to check. :)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
16,634 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

budget?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

What will they be performing in?

It's a terrific area, by the way, I work nearby. And if you do come on the 6th, Madison Square Park just a few short blocks away has this free concert madisonsquarepark.org/things-to-do/calendar/…

Edited: 24 June 2014, 19:11
Mentioned in this post
Madison Square Park
Madison Square Park
566 Reviews
New York City, NY
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

Walking path from your theater to Mad Square Park (great people watching too)

http://goo.gl/maps/yYsTA

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

one more thing, on that map I gave you, notice that there's a Holiday Inn right by the theater. I have no idea what their rates are like

9. Re: NYC Trip For Theatre Group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:23