We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13hour layover jfk

ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
13hour layover jfk

Hi, myself and my husband will have a 13hr layover in jfk at the end of August midweek. We land at 6am and depart internationally again from same terminal at 7pm. Will have to probably take bags and put into storage. After customs and formalities, I guess we have about 8/9hours to travel somewhere and do something. Interested in tourist attractions or shopping, not looking for a hotel to pass the time. Would be great to get some advice on things to do and how to get there,

Thanks in advance

Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
Grand Central Market
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Flea & Street Markets
Saks Fifth Avenue
Department Stores,
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13hour layover jfk

You certainly have enough time to go into Manhattan. What to do there depends on your interests Have you ever been to NYC? Are there particular "must sees" from your point of view?

Take a look at the FAQ on the right hand side of this page and see what appeals to you. You can then ask for advice about feasibility and what you might want to combine with something else.

2. Re: 13hour layover jfk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 07:16