We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mamma Mia

Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mamma Mia

Hello,

My daughter and I will see Mamma Mia on Wednesday at 2:00. My son (24) and husband passed on that. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they could do that couple of hours while we are seeing the show? Both are athletic-enjoys most everything...but Broadway lol

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mamma Mia

How about a Yankee game? Next Wednesday (July 2nd) in the afternoon around 1 PM the Yanks will be hosting Tampa Bay.

CH

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mamma Mia

Intrepid Museum...its on an aircraft carrier.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mamma Mia

Oh yes, the Intrepid has lots of toys men like, including a Space shuttle! http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/

Or the Museum of Natural History Dinosaurs! Planetarium! http://www.amnh.org/

Edited: 26 June 2014, 02:24
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mamma Mia

Sorry I did not specify when we will be there Our show is July 10

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,772 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mamma Mia

The only difference is there is no Yankees game on July 10 ( they are away) The Mets are playing at night. Would your menfolk be interested in seeing Rocky? (just another idea)

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,999 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mamma Mia

Another vote for the Intrepid

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mamma Mia

One Broadway show recommendation with a large caveat. Rock of Ages is very guy oriented but be aware that they serve alcohol in the seating area from house open to just after intermission.

I agree with the Intrepid & the Museum of Natural History but if art is a possibilty try the Museum of Modern Art as it should keep the gentlemen occupied & is on the northern edge of Times Square.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mamma Mia

One more thought. Not too far from the theater district is the NY Historical Society, if the guys are history buffs.

http://www.nyhistory.org/

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mamma Mia

Do you realize that July 10 is a Thursday???????

You may mean July 9th. Look at the tickets again.

They could rent bicycles in Central Park. There is a Mets game, but it's at night on July 9. They could walk over any of the following bridges: Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, Queensboro, or George Washington (which goes into New Jersey).

At the W 3rd St exit of the W. 4th St station (A,B,C,D,E,F,M, trains) in the middle of Greenwich Village, there is a basketball court in a city playground where you could swear the players are in the NBA. They could get in the game if it's not full. It is shown on "nearly" every TV show about NYC, especially Law and Order (and not because of crime, but because it's a well-known part of NYC).

Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mamma Mia

Yes I did mean July 10 It is a Thursday when we are going to see Mamma Mia