We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U. S. Open particulars

Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
U. S. Open particulars

So, we got our tickets to the U. S. Open and now must figure out all the rest. Anybody have recommendations? Hotel nearby, restaurants, any advice at all, we'll take it.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: U. S. Open particulars

You don't need a hotel nearby. You instead need a hotel that is convenient either to the #7 subway, or the Long Island Rail Road -- which pretty much includes everything in midtown Manhattan, and much of Long Island City in Queens. What are your exact dates, what airport will you be using, and what is your budget? Tell us that, and we can start making suggestions.

Linda

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U. S. Open particulars

How long are you here for?

Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: U. S. Open particulars

We will be there Tuesday through Thursday only. Just for the tennis!

Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: U. S. Open particulars

We will be there Tuesday through Thursday only. Just for the tennis!

We fly in eaRly on Tuesday. arrive at 10:55 into laguardia. Our us open tix are for 11 so we will wNt to make a dash to check in and be on our wAy to flushing meadows.

Our return is Thursday at 7:20. We want a nice hotel with easy access. Since it's just two nights, convenience is key.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: U. S. Open particulars

I would stay at Country Inn in LIC - 1 short block from subway where you can hop on the #7 train direct to the tennis!

Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: U. S. Open particulars

Thank u! I will check that out.

We just booked Aladdin at new amsterdam theater for Wednesday night. Maybe a restaurant recommendation for Tuesday night?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: U. S. Open particulars

my pleasure

look at menupages.com and eatingwithziggy.com

what kind of food, ambience, budget etc?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: U. S. Open particulars

I would recommend LIC for convenience. We stayed there for US open a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Verve but the Country Inn and suites is closer to the subway. You are close enough to pop in to Manhattan for dinner.

9. Re: U. S. Open particulars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:17