We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Lincoln Center

Los Angeles
5 posts
Save Topic
JFK to Lincoln Center

Hi, can anyone tell me (approximately) how long it will take to go from JFK to Lincoln Center at around 8 or 9 am on a Tuesday? Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

Do you plan to travel by cab or by train?

I like www.hopstop.com for planning routes and calculating times.

Los Angeles
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

Taxi - thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

Did you check hopstop?

I did, and it says that via taxi at 8:15 or 9:00 on Tuesday, the ride will take 1 1/2 hours

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

It may well be quicker by train. The easiest way is to take the AirTrain monorail from your JFK terminal to Jamaica and then get the Long Island Rail Road into NY Penn Station. From Penn Station take the uptown 1 subway to Lincoln Center. A variant of this would be to take a taxi from Penn Station to Lincoln Center.

The least expensive route would be to take the subway from Jamaica to Lincoln Center, but you'd need to either change subway trains twice or take a more roundabout subway route via Howard Beach.

Edited: 29 June 2014, 16:37
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

Will you have luggage? Are you trying to make an appointment?

Los Angeles
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

Yes we will have luggage. We have to stop at Lincoln Center while on the way to the Empire Hotel to drop off my son who will be doing the Bolshoi Ballet summer training program :-). We had to change our flight due to a family emergency and he will miss the first day. We get in at 7:55 am and he needs to be there at 9:30am! Unlikely we'll be on time but we'll try lol

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

..just got you on your other thread Missamay30:-) Again.. best and enjoy!

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

During rush hour (which is when you are traveling), I think that the trip by taxi may well take more than 1.5 hours. Here is my suggestion: you and your husband can take the luggage in a taxi, but your son should head off on his own and take the AirTrain to Jamaica, the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station, and then the uptown #1 train to 66th Street and Lincoln Center. He will certainly be there in time if he uses the train, while it doesn't matter as much how long it takes you to get to the hotel.

9. Re: JFK to Lincoln Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16