We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro card advice

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Metro card advice

We are staying for 12 days and going to get the 7 day metro card. For the remaining days is it worth getting another 7 days or just topping the cards up , which will be the better value ?

Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro card advice

I would get another unlimited card as the break even point is 13 trips

You need one per person

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro card advice

**I would get another unlimited card as the break even point is 13 trips

You need one per person**

Agree. Just "add time" to the original card...an additional 7 days. So you are "topping off" your original card with "time" vs "value."

Edited: 29 June 2014, 13:43
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro card advice

Track how often you use it the first 5 days and if you find you used it more than 13 times in 5 days...get it again. I'm sure you will use it more than the break even point but you never know.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro card advice

Frosty, above gave the best answer. You do not need to decide this in advance.

5. Re: Metro card advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17