We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

Hello all. Could I trouble you to check this itinerary and see what you think to it? We arrive in NYC on the 1st September, we land at 12 noon so I've left that day free to just have a wander round, see the buildings (flat iron, Chrysler etc) and get our bearings.

2nd day - ESB, cruise round the island, grand central station, library and TOTR. Maybe eat at grand central in the evening.

3rd day - S of L, Ellis island, 9/11 museum, Wall street and Battery Park. Not sure where to eat that evening.

4th day - chill out in central park, picnic, boats etc. Guggenheim museum and natural history museum. Baseball game in the evening.

5th day- Brooklyn bridge bike tour, Southport for lunch and water taxi down to intrepid museum. Dizzys for jazz and food in the evening.

6th day - shopping and sights that we've missed. I want to see some from sex and the city but don't want to do the tour so we'll do that ourselves. Theatre and food in the evening.

Then onto Philadelphia the next day.

Is this OK? Have I missed anything obvious or is there any where you think I must see that I've not listed? Any restaurant recommendations would be great to please.

Thanks in advance

Ellis Island
Historic Sites, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
New-York Historical Society Museum & Library
Art Museums, Children's Museums, History Museums, Speciality Museums
Museum of the City of New York
History Museums, Speciality Museums
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

I think you've grouped things well.

I don't know if you already started organising your tickets to the 9/11 Museum? You'll need them.

I think you mean the Seaport rather than Southport? Do you realise the Intrepid is on the other side of Manhattan way up near 42nd St?

What sort of food do you like?

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

Yes I did mean that! We were going to water taxi from there to intrepid as it does a stop there I think. We like all food other than my other half doesn't like sea food!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

For all sorts of eating recommendations in all parts of NYC check out this blog: eatingwithziggy.com/category/new-york-city/

The Hell's Kitchen Survival Guide might be good for you to work out where to eat on your theatre night.

4. Re: 6 days in nyc - could you check my itinerary es

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17