We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Is there still a bus tour which picks up at the Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal, takes you to see a bit of Manhattan, and delivers passengers to La Guardia and Newark airports? I can't seem to locate a link. According to some of the cruise forum boards, some of the cruise lines used to offer this as a package excursion to book via their website. I guess they've stopped because there are no tour options available at all to book with our cruise upon arrival at Cape Liberty. I need to book this tour first before we book our flight home so that I can allow the right amount of time.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Celebrity out of Cape Liberty does still offer this. Maybe you're looking someplace other than "Shore Excursions"? (the same place where you'd see shore excursions for all your port stops, not a separate link for "post cruise" or anything like that). I'm sure Royal Caribbean has the same. I'm not sure what other lines use Cape Liberty, but look in the same place for them.

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Nope specifically says no shore excursions offered at this destination. Maybe because the cruise is still 4 months out? Not really sure.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

What cruise line?

And where in Texas are you? We're on an American Airlines flight out of EWR at 1 pm (it was noon but they changed it, but we can live with it, to DFW, and I know Amer. Eagle has lots of connections to places in TX.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 17:10
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

There's a cruise forum on TA tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.…

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

I just checked and Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are the only 2 lines that currently utilize Cape Liberty. They are owned by the same company, and DO offer the type of tour/transfer he is looking for. I even specifically checked cruises in October (since he said 4 months) and they are offered.

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Already posted my question on forum related to cruises. Got zero helpful replies, similar to here. Many posters told me to try the NYC forum on tripadvisor, so I did.

I will try tripadvisor's cruise form. Just figured there has to be some companies that do a tour and picks up / drops at the airports and the cruise ports, similar to how every city I've ever lived in has a bunch of airport shuttle companies. Usually everyone has a favorite based on their experiences, so I figured New York City would be the same. As did those on the cruise board, hence why they suggested posting here.

I have even called the cruise line and two different CS gave me two different answers, neither of which were helpful. They said shore excursions only rarely appear for booking earlier than 90 days pre-cruise meaning they won't show up for a month yet.

The problem is we need to book our airfare now. We have to be back before the next morning. I was hopeful I could find out certain specifics. I'm sure whomever does these tours all the time could tell me what is the normal time we could expect to reach La Guardia at the end of the tour. I'd like to book our flight a 2-3 hours later than that, just to be safe.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 00:38
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

WHAT CRUISE LINE????

I cruise on Celebrity all the time. I KNOW they offer this transfer. Royal Caribbean is their sister company, I KNOW they offer this transfer.

For you to insinuate that we have been less than helpful is really insulting.

Maybe YOU are not asking the right question. I can SEE this tour/transfer as part of my September cruise this year. I have booked MY shore excursions MONTHS ago.

Maybe YOU waited so long that it is FULL and no longer available??

You have also ignored my suggestion that maybe you can get a flight that you would not have to take this overpriced transfer. EWR is the closest airport to the cruise port, why are you booking out of LGA?

Honestly, I'm done with your insults. Figure it out on your own.

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

Ok, so far there is STILL no helpful information. This is no insinuation. I am sorry you are offended by the truth, Warmwinds. I certainly had no designs to offend anyone. I was simply stating fact in case someone didn't want to read through all the replies to find out I was still looking for the information that no where in any of the replies has there been either information supplied to contact anyone who offers such a tour, nor has there been any personal reports from anyone who's used the service via any of the cruise lines. Everyone just goes on and on about what cruise line and why don't I get the information from the cruise line's list. Again, there is currently no available information from the cruise line. If it were available from their website or by calling the company, I would not be asking.

As to whether it is full, I have been checking regularly at least once per week since we book the cruise a over a year ago on June 28th, 2013 and it has never been offered. According to every CS I have spoken to, they can tell no excursions have ever been offered as yet for our cruise and this is quite typical.

As to why I am booking out of LGA, we found a much, much cheaper deal from there to our home at the time we need. The deal is not available from EWR. According to multiple people, the tour will drop at any of the airports for a very similar price or the same price. It doesn't matter what cruise line. I've been told by multiple people who have cruised repeatedly into Cape Liberty it is the same company for both Celebrity AND RC in their personal experience on the cruise board. I was also told this by the CS when I called the cruise line directly the first time. They just never give me the name of the company. According to the CS, they could do that once it shows as an available excursion but are unable because it isn't showing yet.

It isn't on the website. I have called them. Repeatedly. I've spoken to half a dozen different CS people and every time I get a different unhelpful answer. The first one said excursions don't appear until you pay in full. We paid in full. Still no excursions. We called again. Depending which CS you believe, either they aren't going to put any on this cruise, it is too soon for them to offer them for this cruise, something is wrong with their booking website and will be fixed last weekend which apparently didn't fix it if that is indeed the issue, or it takes up to 3 days for full payment to fully post. If it is the last reason, something is still wrong because our full payment was more than thirty days ago.

TL;DR: I need to know at what time I can expect to arrive at LGA if I take a tour which picks me up at the cruise dock at Cape Liberty, NJ and do a tour of Manhattan. The package deal the cruise lines offer is what I have in mind, but any tour which is regularly available to do this is fine. If absolutely not available to LGA, then drop off at EWR.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 13:46
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

I would just book the latest flight you can possibly take. If that,s not late enough for the tour should it appear, you can't take it anyway. If there are no tours linked with the cruise, you can always sort your own transportation amd pick up a regular tour in NYC.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 13:49
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal to LGA via Manhattan tour info?

I'll try one more time.

What cruise line?

What ship?

What departure date?