We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC trip Spring 2015

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
NYC trip Spring 2015

Hi All,

My bf and I decided to go to NYC next March 2015. We're landing on a Saturday afternoon and leaving on a Thursday afternoon. We have probably around $1500 of pure spending money. Neither of us have been. Aside from all the tourist attractions what else is there to do? We thought about Coney Island. Is that a seasonal thing? We plan to stay in the East Village. Can anyone fill me in on that area? What's the weather like during that time? Keep in mind we're from TX so what feels good to New Yorkers is freezing for us.What restaurant/bars are highly recommended? Are there any interesting markets to hit up? Any detailed advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kat

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC trip Spring 2015

Weather in March is cold in NY. I understand what you mean about the Tx weather. So trust me, March in NY is cold and usually rains which makes it worse. Many attractions as Statue of Liberty, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, Central Park, are not really toroughly enjoyable when is cold.

If you're not set on your dates I'd suggest you reconsider your dates. May or early June are way nicer.

Coney Island is closed in March because of the weather. Still not nice to do the rides.

Regarding your other question, you could try the Chelsea market and Eataly. Just go on a week day.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,777 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC trip Spring 2015

There are only a few hotels in East Village. Make sure you haven't made the mistake of falling for an illegal vacation apartment rental.

March in NYC is pretty much like mid-winter in Dallas. You could have very cold weather (by Dallas standards) or somewhat moderate weather. Hotel prices are much more affordable than May or June though, and June can start to feel too hot and humid to spend endless hours walking around outside.

For ideas about what to do, take a look at the Top Questions section. So many choices!

There are hundreds of great restaurants and bars. You'll need to think about preferred neighborhoods, price point, cuisine, ambiance, etc. Have fun reading food blogs to get your head around the scope of your options. Forum regular Ziggy has a fun food blog. EatingWithZiggy.com

Edited: 01 July 2014, 20:06
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC trip Spring 2015

**There are only a few hotels in East Village. Make sure you haven't made the mistake of falling for an illegal vacation apartment rental.**

Listen to this advice....

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC trip Spring 2015

Thanks for the advice especially the illegal vacation apartment rental. We were actually looking at some via Trip Advisor however, it still makes me rethink it. Also, which hotels would anyone recommend?

Edited: 01 July 2014, 22:21
5. Re: NYC trip Spring 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 07:16