We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York apartment

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New York apartment

Can anyone recommend a good 2 bedroom apartment close to the centre of New York City that is not hugely expensive? We are a couple & a single travelling together & will be staying in New York for 5 days next May. Two bathrooms would be good if possible.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,584 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York apartment

If you have taken the time to read through this Forum, every page has thread on apartment rentals. Look at the 2nd question on the right hand side of this page: VACATION RENTAL APARTMENTS VIOLATE NYC LAWS.

Except for maybe two or three cases (which are as hard to find as a "needle in a haystack") almost all apartment rentals less than 30 days violate the laws. Most likely even apartment rentals for less than a year violate the rental agreements with landlords or Condo/Coop ByLaws. Look instead for LEGAL apartment/notels Check out the London based company below that handles these legal apartment hotels.

apartment2book

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York apartment

Here we go again

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6575671…

Please list your dates and your per night budget in USD so people can help you find a 'legal' place to stay.

For a list of Apartment style hotels read Post #24 by NYWhiz in this thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7601287…

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York apartment

Don't worry, I was just looking for some general tips. After these 2 replies I don't really want any more assistance.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 05:19
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York apartment

It's still very early to look at booking anything for next May. But you could look now and get an idea of what apartment-style hotels are like. These are hotels with suites and/or a kitchen and are sort of similar to an apartment. Note that the rates will be very different between now and May next year so don't think the rates you see now will be the same in a few months or more.

Some apart-hotels to look into: Affinia, Candlewood Suites, Radio City Apartments, AKA Central Park and Times Square, Residence Inn, Hotel Beacon, Belvedere, Benjamin, Marmara, Salisbury.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York apartment

In post #24 in the link I gave, NYWhiz is the NYC hotel expert. She gives a fantastic list of apartment style hotels. It's been very helpful for people needing more space.

She also makes this recommendation

<<You might contact the London agency

Www.apartments2book.com

To see if they can provide something. They have contracts with many of the legal suite hotels and often can get better prices.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York apartment

Thankyou for your help. I have decided to go with a hotel instead. The Distrikt Hotel had great rates.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,911 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York apartment

Have a great time Serena.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,337 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York apartment

The Distrikt is great. The legal 2 bedroom suites are quite expensive and the less expenisve ones only have one bathroom. Good decision.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New York apartment

Thankyou

10. Re: New York apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:17