We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

First time travelling NYC. Upper budget in the area of $420/night plus tax Thought I had a reasonably good, within budget sitch with DoubleTree Suites despite my concern that it looks to be located right in the heart of the noise and too cray-cray busy that is TS. Turns out not to be so great...

Two questions: First and foremost: Please recommend a suite/apt. hotel that can accommodate my group. of 4--3 adults, one teen. 3 beds required within easy walk of the Eugene O'Neill theatre. BTW, sadly 3 beds at Radio City Apts. not avail for our dates

Here is my story trying to book at DoubleTree:

After pursuing the forum for hotel advice, because of my party, I settled on the DoubleTree Suites at Times Square. Made reservation by telephone.

Turns out, the employee taking my reservation misquoted the rate and my confirmation email indicates we would be paying additional $90+ for the 2nd 3rd and 4th night. I started off hoping they would adjust to honour the rate I was quoted, and called them back. Aaaaand it just got worse.

In fact, this first employee, in addition to the rate misquote, did not note that there are 4 of us even though I repeatedly explained we would need 3 beds and their assurance that this double-double with sofa bed arrangement would be available to us upon arrival. Because.there.are.4.of.us.

In fact, according to the employee #2, the room would be even more because of the # of people in my party -- it went from the quoted (and desired) $365.00 per night plus tax to -- $467.10 plus tax. Ack.

Second question: Is this still reasonable? I feel unsatisfied with this rate now and want to cancel. but maybe I need to suck it up.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

Cheers!!!

Kelli xoxo

Mentioned in this post
Eugene O'Neill Theatre
Eugene O'Neill Theatre
163 Reviews
New York City, NY
Radio City Apartments
Radio City Apartments
2,380 Reviews
New York City, NY
Times Square
Times Square
44,094 Reviews
New York City, NY
Special Offer
Madame Tussauds New York
149 Reviews
from US$31.49*
US$37.03
Hard Rock Cafe New York Times Square
14 Reviews
from US$32.49*
New York Double-Decker Bus Night Tour
154 Reviews
from US$29.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

What are the dates? Prices fluctuate dramatically by date.

As to other options,

Nycsalisbury.com

Blakelyhotelny.com

Have 1 bedroom suites with 2 beds and sofabed.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Hotel prices fluctuate. What are your exact dates?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

In on the 17th of August for 4 nights in total. Thanks!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Salisbury unavailable for our dates.

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury Hotel
Salisbury Hotel
4,047 Reviews
New York City, NY
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Affinia Gardens has a one bedroom suite with 2 Queen beds + sofa, if you are willing to prepay = $ 372 + tax. How old is the teen?

Mentioned in this post
Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia
Gardens Suites Hotel by...
1,979 Reviews
New York City, NY
Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Would you consider branching out to another area? As long as it's close to a subway...

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

If you are willing to live with one room, as opposed to a suite, you could go the route of the Courtyard Manhattan Midtown East - 2 queens + sofa bed in the room. I'm seeing a rate of $259.27 on lmtclub.com

Mentioned in this post
Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Courtyard New York...
2,418 Reviews
New York City, NY
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Actually, if considering the Courtyard option, I wouldn't book the Courtyard Midtown East on lmtclub.com as they might not guarantee the sofa bed in the room. I believe it's in 90% of their rooms, but you would be better of confirming with the hotel if all the rooms have it or not. If not, then I wouldn't book through lmtclub

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

You can get a similar rate by booking directly with the hotel - around $ 255 pre-tax if you use Marriott's best rate guarantee... with booking directly you should be able to get the sofa bed guaranteed (I think by entering 5 people in the reservation and calling them to request it) ..

Otherwise, not seeing a lot of other options in way of 1 bedroom suites with 3 beds at the moment.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fam of 4, 3 beds required - Theatre district preferred,

Instead of squeezing into 1 room with one bathroom and someone sleeping on a sofabed, I would get 2 rooms. Thee are a number of options on Hotwire. If you put 3 adults and 2 children in 2 rooms, one room should have 2 beds. I look at thumbs up ratings. There's a 3* in Times Square with free breakfast with a 95% thumbs up that I think could be the new Residence Inn Central Park South.

Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
44,094 Reviews
New York City, NY
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
Residence Inn New York...
1,403 Reviews
New York City, NY