We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

London, United...
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

Just had to share because nobody else understands! I just completed the form to ask for a Big Apple Greeter for the end of August and I'm excited even doing that and we don't even know if we will meet one yet. I really hope we are successful. I would love for a Greeter to show us around Brooklyn as I have been trying to take in all that there is to do there but I'm not sure that we would find it all for ourselves.

What an amazing organisation. I love reading reports on here of visits with Greeters and the varied trips they take. It's wonderful that people give up their own time to help others to enjoy New York because they are proud of their city.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,100 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

It's a wonderful organization. Clare, did you specifically ask for Brooklyn? That's where my two BAGS took me, but I think you'd up your chance of getting one if you leave it open as your BAG's choice.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 23:50
chicago
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

It is a great organization. I used one for Paris a few years back and the guide was wonderful! We have them in Chicago too! Have fun on your trip. I leave on Friday :-)

LHR
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

I've had an email back from them , just waiting to see if one is available in August. I hope so.

London, United...
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

Yes, clanwilson, I did ask for Brooklyn as the first option, Chelsea/Highline as the 2nd and Greeter's choice as the third. I was tempted to go for Greeter's choice first but I so want to see Brooklyn and it would be fantastic to have someone to show us around. atennislover, have a wonderful trip and KJHUK, I hope we are both lucky!

5. Re: Just requested a Big Apple Greeter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16