We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2015 Accommodation Advise

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
March 2015 Accommodation Advise

Hi was wondering if someone can help my wife and two kids 12 and 14 and also mother in-law and father in-law are going to be staying in new york area from 27th march leaving 1st April. I was wondering if someone can give me some advise on where to stay for a reasonable cost. I have looked so far and its a reasonable cost is the Ramada Jersey City. Happy to stay where ever just wanting some advise if anyone can give me some better ideas.

Thanks

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

What is your exact budget in the US dollars (taxes included)? How many rooms do you need? If more than one, what is the budget per room? What are the bed requirements?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

Hi Ivan well the budget is under $200 a night clearly less the better, we need two rooms one that has two queen beds (kids are in the same one) and the other room just queen bed. But if can get a room that will sleep all would be even better.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,997 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

$200/night for 6 people or $200/night for each room?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

What airport are they flying in and out of? If JFK or LGA, staying in New Jersey makes NO sense.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

$200 a room and have not booked flights yet so anywhere.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

The best option would be to stay in Manhattan assuming that's what they're coming to see. A that ime of year, you should be able o find 2 rooms at $200/night each in Manhattan. The Travel Inn is basic but centrally located and fine. I see prices there under $200/night. I also think you will find better options a bit later in the year. Some hotels haven't loaded prices or next March onto serach engines. If you were trying to spend less than $400/night, I'd say you'd have to stay outside Manahattan, but with that budget, travelling that distance, let them stay in Mnahattan. By doing that it means it doesn't matter which airport they use.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

Thanks for the Info nywhiz appreciate it.

8. Re: March 2015 Accommodation Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16