We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

My 14yo niece and I will be in NY from 9/1 - 9/4/14 first time for both of us. I am looking for a room with separate beds, in a convenient location and close to subway because we will be using it to go around. We also will be leaving NY to Boston on 9/4 via Amtrak. I saw Pod39 for $165 a night which is within my budget (<= $250). What do you guys think about this place? Thanks

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

You can get a nicer hotel with a private bathroom for those dates for slightly more. Sent you a PM.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Hiampton Inn Times Square South is also available for your dates for slightly more

The rates on hilton.com are 127.20; 183.20; 255.20

With tax for 3 nights it's $659.53

You will need to put 0560041604 in the "corporate account" box to see the rate. You also need to sign up (it's free) for hilton honors on the Hilton website in order to book those rates.

My mistake, Pod 39 has private bathrooms. But the room size is absolutely tiny and I wouldn't pay $ 165 per night, when you can get a much better hotel for barely $ 15 a night more.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 08:08
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the information :-) By the way, do I need to show any paper or ID for the corporate discount? Also, is the Inn located at 337 West 39th Street ?

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Check the rate rules when you are booking. However, I think all you need to do is to be an Hilton Honors Member to be able to use that code... so you need to sign up for free on the hilton website do call the hotel just in case to verify.

Yes, that's the correct address.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 13:30
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Also look at Hyatt Place Midtown South. On Hyatt's own website, you can get a room with king plus sofa bed for $218 avg/night prepaid or $229 with free cancellation. Incl breakfast. More expensive than the other suggestions, but still within your budget. Note that tax will add ~15%.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

You must be a member of Hilton Honors (you can join online for free) to use the corporate rate.

The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central is brand new and is within your budget for 2 double beds on booking.com

If you try on the hotel website with the code Ivan posted, that might be even less.

Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Between Hampton Inn Times Square South and Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, which one is better in term of location and convenient access to Amtrak and subway?

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

Both are close to Penn station for Amtrak and subway I think. I'm no expert on location, but personally I would prefer the Courtyard Herald square... the area around Port Authority where Hampton Inn isn't that great.

9. Re: Need help with hotel in Manhattan 9/1 - 9/4/14 !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17