We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on a Sunday?

Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on a Sunday?

I'm working on revising my itinerary for late October and trying to decide what to do on a Sunday. We will arrive on Saturday night so the Sunday will be our first full day of our first trip to New York.

Would it be better to do Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO or the West Village on a Sunday? Would 10:00 am be too early to get to either of these neighbourhoods on a Sunday (for store hours etc)? Are there any other neighbourhoods that would be better suited for a Sunday visit than the two I've mentioned?

Thank you for your help :)

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

One advantage to doing Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO on a Sunday is that you can take in Smorgasburg at Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Some of the smaller shops in both the West Village and Brooklyn Heights won't open until noon-ish. One plan is to have brunch at 10 or 11, then explore the streets and shops. If you are visiting Smorgasburg, it opens at 11 am, but you can definitely wander around the waterfront first, then the shops in Brooklyn Heights after that.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

Things start later on Sunday except for flea markets.

Brooklynflea.com

Is popular on Sunday.

Themarketnyc.com

In the village is another idea.

Bottom line, I wouldnt say either is better or worse, but it's true, MANY stores dont open til 11 or 12 on Sunday. Many places dont serve brunch til noon.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

The market doesnt open til noon either!

Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

Thank you for your replies. I think we might do Top of the Rock first on the Sunday morning and then head over to Brooklyn Heights.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

We usually attend church services on Sunday.

Poppa

6. Re: What to do on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16