We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

Patchogue
1 post
Save Topic
What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

Hi! My daughter is a very big 5 seconds of summer fan, and if you are unfamiliar with the band they are a pop rock band of boys from Australia . They are very popular with teen girls, such as my daughter. She wants to be as close to the stage as possible, but we've never been to the Today show for a concert, so we are unsure of when to arrive. I expect the turnout to be somewhat similar to what a One direction concert would be like so does anyone have a time range in when we should arrive to get good spots? Would it just be worth it to just get a hotel and then let her and her friend go wait in line in the early hours? Thanks for your help!

Iowa
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

We arrived at 6 for Tim McGraw but it was obvious some had spent the night.. There was a fan line that had pretickets and they were allowed in first. For Tim, there were two sections, the section closer to the stage and the section in the back. We were 1/3 back in second section. Some people moved up when others left. We stayed back in the second section but at the front by the fence. Guess who came off the stage and out into the audience and right in front of us ? : ) I got great pictures and was super close. I know that doesn't answer your question but it might help. Get there early, you can sleep any old time and your daughter will remember it always!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

There will definitely be kids sleeping there.

Sydney australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

Go at 2am best time since the show for 5sos starts at 7 and they say 6 but only 6 because adding sound check but that's nothing because you don't see it so get there at 2am I'll be there too k I hope she meets them they might have a meet up to so stay as long as possible!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
270 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

SUPER EARLY. KIDS WHO'S PARENTS WILL LET THEM SLEEP OUT WILL BE EVERYWHERE

If you want the chance to see the mini concert, head to Rockefeller Center in NYC no later than 7AM that morning. We suggest getting there MUCH earlier, as we’re sure that tons of fans will want to see them, especially after their sold out Stars, Stripes & Maple Syrup Tour! This show should be even more special since it’s happening on the day their debut album is released!

5. Re: What time should I get to the Today show for 5sos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:15