We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Coming into JFK on Saturday and have to find my way to METLIFE stadium, by myself with luggage. Looks like good suggestions from previous posts, but I must admit that I am not familiar with the city and would like to avoid subways.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,279 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

First of all see if you can change your fkight into Newark. 2nd what do you plan to do with the luggage once at the stadium?

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Is there an event at the Stadium?

the train only runs when there is an actual event there. The might be a bus if there is a smaller event , if there arent any events, I dont think you can get there by public transport

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Are you going to an event there? What will you do with your luggage? There's New Jersey Transit rail service to the stadium, but only for major events.

Assuming this is an event with rail service and you can deal with the luggage somehow, you'd take the AirTrain to Jamaica and then the Long Island Rail to NY Penn Station. At Penn Station you'd get a New Jersey Transit commuter train to MetLife, although this will require a change of NJ Transit trains at Secaucus Junction.

NJ
Level Contributor
552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

As others stated the NJ Transit train service from Penn Station (NY) to the Meadowlands only operates when there is a big event at the Meadowlands (such as a football game). Also keep in the mind that I believe there are bag restrictions on the train to the Meadowlands. They do for security reasons so people aren't bringing bags to the stadium. You may want to confirm this with Giant Stadium (assuming you're going to a game).

If you are not attending a big event then you're best option would be to take a NJ Transit train from NY Penn Station to Secaucus and then take a taxi from there. Some Meadowlands hotels also provide shuttles from the Secaucus train station so if you're staying at a hotel there call them to see if they provide free shuttle service.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

already talked to the travel agent and they said no changes (JFK is cheaper). Since I will be traveling with the tour, my luggage goes with me on the bus. I really think that I will have to take a taxi....no changes and I will get reimbursed. YES - I know it will be at least $50 ... so where is the tour saving money by flying me into jfk? ...

go figure.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Jay Z and Beyonce ... 2nd night in a row is saturday

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Thank you for the good information.... I muddled around on the internet and found the exact route you stated, but have decided that lugging a suitcase around with so many changes would be difficult at best. I think a taxi is my only reasonable solution. I got the Uber app and registered with a credit card, so it will be easier than cash and it gives a quote of 35 to 50 dollars. That seems fair and hopefully the tour will reimburse me (

I am coming in to help drive one of the buses to Atlanta after the show).

THanks again for taking time to respond.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

Uber has been discounting fares to and from New Jersey (presumably as a loss leader) but that fare sounds awfully low. Have they put in writing that it includes tolls?

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

A Taxi from JFK to Met Life will cost around $100 + Tolls

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK to METLIFE stadium public transportation

It will be a lot more than $50. - the tunnel toll between NJ and NY alone is $13.

I'd figure closer to $100. all-in.