We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday in new york

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday in new york

hello,

i will be in NY city beginning of October, I am a girl and i will turn 30! i am looking for a restaurant original, fun and typical! i am with 8 persons, family dinner! you know where the waitresses sing happy birthday or where i can ask for a good cake and music place!! if anyone could give me some ideas or addresses! thank you very much :)

good day

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday in new york

What is your budget for the meal (keep in mind there will be tax and service charge added to that)? What's more important, the food, or the wait staff singing for you. Only place that comes to mind is one near TS where frankly serious foodies would not be caught in. A bit more information on your dining/food tastes would help you get better answers as there are thousands of "typical" restaurants in the city and like all else subject to the tastes of those who will reply to this thread.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday in new york

Ellen's Stardust Diner will have the singing waitresses & perhaps Forest Gump's but that hardly good food from a NYC standard.

For that many people, Carmine's serves family style & is a fun place although not the singing waiters.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday in new york

Although most restaurants will bring you a birthday dessert with a candle, waitstaff singing happy birthday at the table is not so common in NYC. How important is that to you?

You're a party of 9 people? What is your budget per person before drinks? (Don't forget that you'll need to pay tax and tip as well, which will add 25-30% to the bill).

Do you have a preference as to the type of cuisine?

Once we know all this, we can try to make some recommendations. :)

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday in new york

thank you for your response! my budget is about 20 dollars per person! the most important is that it is original and that my family and I could enjoy the american way of life! maybe mexican food or just regular burger place! the neighborough could be anywhere in manhattan, i don't mind if the waiters don't sing happy birthday! but you know i am looking for a fun place, not too classy and not mac donalds!!

thank you so much for taking the time to advise me :)

5. Re: Birthday in new york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:15