We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sept 18-21

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,826 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sept 18-21

We had a wonderful theater weekend in NYC a couple of months ago, and hadn't planned to go back for a year or two. But DD and her fiancée invited us to join them and we can't turn that down.

They're staying at the Sheraton 53rd/7th and we want to be within a 10 minute walk, preferably towards the theater district as we plan to see multiple shows. I booked a room there (cancellable), but $350 before taxes & Internet is more than we want to spend.

Although I don't expect to find the fabulous $159 rate (thanks TA forum posters) at the Hilton Garden Inn that we got in May, I'd love to spend $250/night including taxes and Internet.

I'll start bidding on Priceline as the date gets closer, but was hoping someone had some other suggestions.

It's just DH and me, so one queen bed is fine.

Thanks for the help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

That's the UN General Assembly time. There,s a 4* hotel in midtown Central on Hotwire for $285 with a 90% thumbs up rating. I dont know what its is since it doesn't really match anything on the betteridding list. It could be the Sheraton or the Park Central.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,826 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

Certainly not when we would have chosen to come--but they bought tickets to Beautiful at a charity event and that's the date. DD tends to keep us at arm's length (well, no one's arms are that long), so we want to make the effort.

Thanks for the info, whizz.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

I found a great rate, for the Fairfield Inn Downtown Manhattan but it's not really in Midtown, but Chinatown. It's under $200 per night though which is fantastic for the time of year IMO.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,826 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

That is great rate--but not convenient for us. enjoy!

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

Close to the Theater District, The Lexington could be had for around $ 216 pre-tax if you use Marriott's best rate guarantee (they match third party's lower rate and give you a 25 percent discount) ... it's close to the Theater District, but I feel like you may only get a very small room for your money, since the competing website just lists the room as "standard".

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,826 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

Thanks, Ivan--that's farther from DD's hotel than we want to be, but I appreciate the information.

7. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:03
Edited: 14 July 2014, 05:03
8. Re: Hotel Sept 18-21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:15