We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

refilling metrocards

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
refilling metrocards

Iam travelling to New York in August for twelve days and I am planning to use metro and buses. I will buy a 7-say unlimited metrocard but I donot know what I should do to have unlimited rides for the other five days. Any advice on the procedure or any other suggestiona are welcome

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: refilling metrocards

You can refill after the first 7 days is done. If it was me I'd refill it with another 7 Day Unlimited (cost only $30 because you've already got the card) because you'll probably get your moneys worth again for the remaining 5 days.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: refilling metrocards

Pay attention to how many times you use it the first 7 days. If you think you will use it more than 13 times the last 5, then refill with another unlimited. Otherwise refill with pay per ride. ( You'll probably use the 13)

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,419 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: refilling metrocards

I agree, and so you know, you can add a second 7-day unlimited pass to your card at any point after you've used it. So stop at a machine any time you have a moment to add the second one, and you won't have to worry again.

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: refilling metrocards

Thank you Brooklyn Bridge I always thought I had to wait until the card had expired until I could add unlimited. I learn something new every time I come on the forum.

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: refilling metrocards

Thank you all for your answers. Ypu've been real help as I was cnfused reading the MTA site.

6. Re: refilling metrocards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16