We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay??

Taking my wife to NYC for her 50th birthday. It will be our third trip to the Big Apple, and she really wants to go to a couple Broadway shows. Any advice on where to stay and how to get tickets? We are looking for a place around the Times Square area for under $400 per night.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

Dates?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

We will be arriving on Thursday, Sept. 18 and leaving the following Monday.

Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??

We celebrated our anniversary at the Intercontinental Hotel on 8th Ave at 44th Street. It is a very nice hotel just a block away from the middle of Times Square and very easy walk to all shows. They are showing rooms for $371-$422 during that time. We've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Broadway at 49th Street. Rates there look to be $394 during that time. It is also a nice hotel.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay??

One of the hotel experts (such as NYWhiz) will probably be along shortly to make suggestions. I just wanted to warn you to expect some hotel room sticker shock, because the United Nations General Assembly begins that week, and puts a huge demand on nice hotel rooms in Manhattan. As a result, the level of comfort that your budget would easily buy in August or January will not be available for the same price during the week of September you are coming.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay??

Le Parker Meridien has availability for just under budget on their own website. It's prepaid, non-refundable though.

The location is great, and it's reasonably close to Times Square without being in the heart of the chaos. The hotel will feel very "special".

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay??

Read this about getting theater tickets:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay??

I hope you spoil her for her birthday it was my 50th in Mar-

Theatre tickets I have bought on playbill.com in the past I have also bought at the tkts booth on Times SQ there is also one in Brooklyn and lower Manhattan.

I have also bought the night before or on the day at the box office in the theatre of the show I wanted to see.

There was a massive Q at tkts and I went to the Jersey Boys theatre and said to them its x% off at the tkts booth will you match that and they did.

As the theatres are much smaller we have always had a good view even seated near the back of the stalls in various shows. But got the ticket cheaper. Jersey Boys is my personal favourite and have saw it 3 times.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay??

Distrikt, Sofitel and Hilton Times Square all look to be within your budget for those dates. I checked prices on

Kayak.com

They're all nice. Parker Meridien is in a great location closer to Central Park but walking distance to TS, also nice. Have a look at photos on

Oyster.com

9. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16