We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Breakfasts

London
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great Breakfasts

Hi all,

I have done a few searches and tried to narrow it down but now I need the advise of the experts. I love breakfasts and was wondering what everyones view on the best breakfast in new york is. (i am not after anything too expensive)

Any suggestions? (by the way - I am more into egg type breakfasts than waffles and pancakes but I am always open to suggestions)

London
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Breakfasts

I should also add that we are staying in Midtown (E49th street I think) so the closer the better but would be prepared to travel a bit.

New York City
Level Contributor
774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Breakfasts

In that general area I like Ess-A-Bagel, on Third Avenue between 51st and 50th. It's counter service, but there are tables if you want to eat in. They have good bagels (warning: they are huge) and lots of options for types of bagels and types of spreads/fish.

My favorite breakfast places are downtown. I especially like Ninth Street Market, on Ninth Street between 2nd and 3rd (or 1st and 2nd Avenues--I can never remember).

I also like the huevos rancheros at a Mexican restaurant on Amsterdam and 107th, but I wouldn't send you uptown for them. If you're going to visit the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, however, it's a short walk.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Breakfasts

I second Ess-a-Bagel. Everytime we're in town we make it a point to go there once or twice--great bagels!

NYC
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Breakfasts

I like the breakfasts at Kitchenette (one in Tribeca, another uptown at Amsterdam and 121st St.). Also, on the Upper West Side, Good Enough to Eat (but go during the week - you will have to wait on line on the weekends). if you are a lox eater, Barney Greengrass is popular. Balthazar also has good breakfasts.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Breakfasts

I loved the breakfast at Georgio's country grill on 53rd steet and 9th Ave.

Prices are decent, the juice is great and the omelettes are excellent.

Guess a crosstown bus would get you there rather fast.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Breakfasts

Pigalle on 8th and 48th or 49th. Its in the same building as the Days Inn but I don't think they are affiliated. Pigalle feels like a Paris bistro. They have the same tables, chairs and tiles. I like the Eggs Benedict. Moms

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
631 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Breakfasts

I just did a long search to find a breakfast place in this same area. I think we are going to try out the Olympic Diner. I guess they have great food. Check them out on menupages.com

Mandeville, LA
Level Contributor
466 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Breakfasts

(1)Bagels: Ess-A on 2nd

(2) Bubby's in Tribecca- great banana walnut pancakes!!

(3) Ellen's Stardust Diner

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Breakfasts

This might help but it does have a lot of choices. Shows catergories for breakfast, bagels, dinner, snacks etc. Then gives listed of those voted in to the top ten in each catergory, then also gives links to websites if there's is one.

newyork.citysearch.com/bestof/categories

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Breakfasts

Nation's Cafe on 49 st & 1st ave. gets great reviews for their breakfast on menupages.com

menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…