We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

Hi there again. We have tickets for the 8 am SOL ferry from Battery Park next Saturday (can't believe our visit to NYC is less than a week away) and I am looking for some suggestions for an early breakfast nearby as not to miss our slot. It will be our first morning in NYC arriving on friday afternoon and staying in the UWS on Broadway. I tried to find some current posts but have not found anything. Can anybody offer advice please? Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

This gets good feedback and is open from 6am, only about 5 to 10 minutes walk.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

Thanks Gareth, looks good.

Any more suggestions from you locals ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,735 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

Patisserie Payard on Murray between West St. And North End Ave. I'd check if anything in Brookfield Places new Hudson .eats would be open at that time. There are two PainQuotidiens in the area one on Greenwich Ave and Warren.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 17:25
Scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

I did the 8am slot a few weeks back and had the same dilemma of what do to about breakfast because it was so early.

In the end I just grabbed a muffin and a coffee from a nearby deli on my way to the subway which I finished in Battery Park before collecting my tickets. I then had an early lunch of Panini and salad on Liberty Island so maybe worth looking into?

I was on the subway at 7.20am or (from Midtown at 34th St) which got me to Castle Clinton at 7.50am so you'd need to be even earlier if you want to find somewhere for breakfast before that.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 17:39
England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

Thank you for your ideas, I think we might go with Frostyteacher's idea and grab a snack on the way to the metro . I checked subways on hopstop and guess we will have to leave around 7 already to give us a bit of a buffer in case we get lost lol

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

We can highly recommend the Variety Cafe at 65 Broadway, just south of Wall Street. For many years we had offices near or on Wall Street and would eat there frequently....and still do when we are in the City and in the area.

CH

England
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

Thank you Casa Hoffa, looks lovely .

8. Re: Breakfast suggestions near Battery Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16