We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

I am in my 60s staying in NYC this summer. I was heading over to Brooklyn to TKTS and wanted some help. My three choices If / Then, Motown or Pippin.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,338 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

If/Then

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,307 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

If/Then is a bit esoteric (it's by the same folks who wrote Next to Normal.)

Motown is a slight musical but it's got all that great Motown sound

Pippin is a fun musical about living life to its fullest.

I'd probably do If/Then as I haven't seen it & then Pippin. I did Motown once, It was great fun but I only need to see it once.

If you go to NYC & Co, you'll probably find the same three shows on their Broadway discount flyer & then you can take it directly to the box office & avoid the TKTS line in the heat.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 16:14
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

Do you realize for a matinee you'd have to go the day before the performance for Brooklyn TKTS? The only reason IMO, to use the TKTS booth is to see something that doesn't have a posted discount you could buy in advance. If you like Carol King music, I would try for Beautiful which is not discounted. Otherwise, if you want one of the 3 you list, I would just use a discount from

Broadwaybox.com

Or theatermania.com or playbill.com

As to which one, that's really. personal taste. Watch some cideo from each of them and see which appeals to you most.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

Pippin...

5. Re: Broadway choice for July 23 matininee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16