We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Topic
Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

Looked at The Quin's website as TA is promoting this hotel. It's new? Looks similar to the Omni. Omni seems to be getting mixed reviews lately, sorry to see, it's a family favorite. Anyone have insight beyond the TA reviews?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

Sorry for the late reply. The Quin is new and an historic hotel that was completely done over. The rooms are lovely. Interesting design and very nice amenities. Modern but not "cold".

I've stayed at the Quin, but not the Omni in NYC, so can't really compare directly. I've stayed at the Omni in San Francisco though. It was fine, but the Quin was much nicer with more luxurious rooms.

The general features such as bar & restaurant are just okay. Nothing special, but not bad. There is really no reason to feel that you need to stay in your hotel for that anyway. The location is great and there are plenty of nearby options for drinks and meals.

The Quin is regularly featured as a secret hotel on Hotwire. That's how I came to stay there :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

The Quin was formerly the Buckingham on 57th st near 6th ave. It was totally redone and reopened within the last year. Haven,t checked the Omni reviews (but I will) so can't comment on complaints.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

So I've read the reviews. Yes there are some sevice hiccups at the Omni, but if a large room is important to you, you're more likely to get it at the Omni. Look at travelers photos and compare the sizes of the rooms. The Quin is fresher obviously and many would prefer the westside location, but if you're regulars at the Omni and have been happy there, you may not appreciate the Quin.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

Thank-you, both, for checking. I'll see what Omni's loyalty membership offers too.

5. Re: Quin vs. Omni Berkshire Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15