We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap yoga mat

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap yoga mat

I want to buy a yoga mat just to use in my hotel room and then leave behind when I come back home. Are there any stores similar to Ross or Marshall's, or even any that specialize in this kind of stuff, where I can find a cheap one? I prefer it to be somewhere in Midtown or Chelsea since that's where I know I'll be spending time. Thanks!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap yoga mat

there is tj maxx and marshalls on 6th ave/19th st. in the bedbath building. across the street is modell's sporting goods.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,324 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap yoga mat

I might check with the nearest drug store (CVS, Walgreen's, Duane Read, Rite Aid.)

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap yoga mat

There are lighter weight yoga mats sold as "travel yoga mats." I have one,but for the life of me can't remember where I bought it. I think it was probably from an online/catalog retailer that specializes in travel stuff. But I have to admit that in the 10 or 15 years I've had it I don't think I've ever actually packed it and taken it with me. I'm usually so pressed for space that I leave it behind and just do any yoga or stretching I want to do while away on the hotel room floor!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap yoga mat

Try K Mart on W. 34th Street.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,963 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap yoga mat

you can buy travel yoga on line, look through Amazon, there are some excellent ones if you feel like toting them. Am now tempted to buy one for in home use as the foldable storage seems more compact than the rolled. Better yet are "YOGA PAWs" which eliminates the need for a mat.

amazon.com/Yoga-Paws-YogaPaws-Elite/…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap yoga mat

Marshalls (near Chelsea) usually has cheap ones by the register. Kmart has them too - you might even find them in the dollar stores, but not for a dollar.

If you're staying at a Kimpton by any chance, you can borrow yoga mats to use in your room - they have a whole kit and yoga on the TV. Or, there's crunchlive.com

suitcaseready.com

7. Re: Cheap yoga mat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 10:36
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap yoga mat

A disposable yoga mat .....? great, not ... mother nature has to be considered as well, you know ....

I remember the days when a towel would do ...

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap yoga mat

Hey it may get recycled- I bet hotel maids (If they don't do yoga) at least have a pile of "weird things people left behind"

I do know that some yoga studios have old mats that smell like but crack & toe cheese -they definitely need to learn to recycle these things-this is an immediate enviornmental concern.

Maybe we are on to something here...

On 32nd St. between 6th & 7th Ave they have Jacks- I saw inexpensive but decent yoga mats on the second floor - just go up the escalator and ask the mean looking lady at the top (anyone that has been there knows who I am talking about) I always bet myself that I can make her smile & seldom win.

Good Luck!

10. Re: Cheap yoga mat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2015, 06:16