We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap electronics in New York

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap electronics in New York

Hi :)))

I'm heading to New York so soon and as a student I have a very tight budget, so I need to know the cheapest places with great offers where I can buy electronics like a laptop and a camera?

Thank you in advance :))

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

The cheapest, but still a safe store, for my Dell laptop was Best Buy. I bought an Inspiron 15 for 270$ last year.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

You go to B&H

(I sound like that stupid commercial)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
270 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

i hate chains but i would caution about little electronics stores...i fully support the mom and pop store, but at the very least, forget about returns at one of those...

best buy at union square

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,928 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

I am with CriCri, my daughters $270 toshina satellite laptop was an awesome buy at Best Buy,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
270 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

great find. i have a toshiba satellite too! <3 it!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

B&H, Adorama, ALKIT Pro Camera are all retailers offering electronics.

When I was in the photography business B&H was my main supplier of cameras, film and accessories.

Their store on 9th should be a tourist attraction, quite the operation.

Just be sure to check their website for opening hours/days as they are Orthodox Jews and close for major Jewish holidays.

Poppa

Edited: 28 July 2014, 04:27
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

Adorama also observes Jewish holidays, so check that as well for them.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

Whatever you do stay away from the smaller electronic stores that are all over the place. (in tourist areas) Regardless of how good the price may look in the window once you are in, they will be selling you something else for more. Also, be wary of too good to be true prices. The merchandise may be damaged returns or items that are not supposed to be sold in the US.

9. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 12:35
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap electronics in New York

Yes, the small independent camera stores in all big cities (especially tourist areas)are infamous for not giving you a good price..they will try to say that the charger is additional..strap and case additional.....now we all know they come with them...also beware of "gray goods" that are re routed from other countries and are not to be sold legally here in America....some are honest like b&h and garden state..others are nothing but pirates and thieves.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 15:16