We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellington Hotel

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wellington Hotel

We are thinking of staying at the Wellington hotel.

I understand there are three towers. When you read the room tips many people reckon to stay in the higher rooms.

Question: we would like to go for a one bedroom suite, are any on the high floors and are they refurbished and which tower?

if the answer is no are any of the double double rooms refurbished and where are they located?

Thanks in advance

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellington Hotel

Anyone stayed at the hotel?

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellington Hotel

Perhaps you could ask the people who work at the hotel which rooms are available on the upper floors.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wellington Hotel

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've emailed the hotel unfortunately they have not come back to me yet and I up against time

I'm afraid hence asking on trip advisor

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wellington Hotel

What is your budget and dates? I don't think the wellington is a particularly nice hotel...

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wellington Hotel

I can do better Know, trouble is budget is tight as we are a group of 10. if it was up to me I'd be staying at the Conrad overlooking the Hudson which is a really nice hotel.

So questions remain the same.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wellington Hotel

You never know... you *may* be able to get nicer hotels for the same price as the Wellington... which is why I asked what your budget and dates were (and bed type).

Kettering
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wellington Hotel

I have stayed at the Wellington. On arrival our room was awful, shoved away in the corner and not somewhere I was going to stay! Luckily front desk were nice and I upgraded my room to a much larger one that wasn't right next the the whole hotels aircon unit! I think if you are going to pay for a larger room or suite straight off then you will be ok. However I am returning to NYC in three weeks and I've booked the Viceroy which is about 1 block away for around £200 less for the whole stay and it's a 5* rather than the wellingtons 3*. So I do think as the other posters have suggested you do a little more looking. For some reason here in the uk they really push the Wellington on us when it isn't really all that great! Hope that helps a little :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
738 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wellington Hotel

Unless they gave you an incredible rate. You can do better. Hilton Garden Inn? Element hotel?

Diane

NYC Photo Safari

9. Re: Wellington Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16