We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

hollywood
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

Hello My friend and I are traveling for her birthday from November 19-23..we are foodies, love cool bars/night life, and historical/cultural places. We are willing to take public transportation.

Any ideas and suggested on things to do/consider during these days? We are planning to make the most out of this short trip. we are first time visitors and can wake up super early, and go to bed in the wee hours of the morning...

What's weather like?

Revolution Rickshaws
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
NYC Airporter
Taxis & Shuttles, Bus Transportation
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

NYC is a foodie mecca! You can start with Ziggy's blog eatingwithziggy.com/category/new-york-city/ and that's just a start. (Ziggy is a forum regular)

Really, if you are a foodie, you will want to choose your own "must do" food destinations.

For fun food-focused destinations, I like Eataly and Chelsea Market (especially if paired with the Highline). But there are so many great neighborhoods to explore with great food, and so many cuisines to eat!

Also consider exploring the Lower East Side to go to Russ & Daughters (the sit down cafe or the original shop) for smoked fish (e.g. bagels and lox), and Katz's Deli for pastrami on rye. Yes, Katz's is a major tourist destination but it's still great, and lots of locals go there (and they may even butt in line in front of you at the counter!) Shopsins is another interesting LES destination. We didn't make it there last time.

Are you into Ukranian food? East village has some great stuff.

This is just a random sampling of just a few of the more "historic" options. Don't even get me started on Italian! (okay - pizza at Rubirosa just north of Little Italy is a must), but there are so many other great varieties of Italian in NYC, including amazing handmade pasta.

Yep, I'm a foodie too. Every NYC visit is a "so much food, so little time" experience.

Mentioned in this post
Chelsea Market
Chelsea Market
7,845 Reviews
New York City, NY
Lower East Side
Lower East Side
137 Reviews
New York City, NY
East Village
East Village
99 Reviews
New York City, NY
Little Italy
Little Italy
3,167 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

Here are some itinerary ideas for Day time-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23092-Must_dos…

For Night time-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

also some food suggestions along the way-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23075-Best_NYC…

&

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23076-Cheap_Ea…

You Should see Chelsea Market (before or after a walk on the Highline)

Also Eataly is worth a look & lunch if you can fit it in

Some Autumn days are beautiful in NYC - but others are a bit cold- you will probably get some of both. On the one of the nicer days try to take a walk in Central Park-the splash of the leaves colors among the skyscrapers is pretty amazing.

Happy Planning & (most importantly) Have Fun!

Mentioned in this post
Chelsea Market
Chelsea Market
7,845 Reviews
New York City, NY
Central Park
Central Park
113,090 Reviews
New York City, NY
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

Sorry...your weather question... it's variable, but it will most likely be chilly but not bitterly cold. Rain is always a possibility. NYC has no real dry season. Plan on having a winter jacket. You might get lucky with milder temps but don't count on it.

Mentioned in this post
hollywood
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

Thank You!

hollywood
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

Thanks!

6. Re: Staying in Manhattan November Thursday-Sunday 19-23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16