We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Some of our friends recommended that we have brunch there.

We have 2 boys, that I think will love the idea of an evolving restaurant, But: is it worth it? or just another tourist trap?

It will not be for the food anyway - I am really not a buffet person and would much rather like one really good serving than a lot of average ones - but if the view and experience will be something the boys will love, then I will book a table.

Anyone been that can give advise on it?

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

We went last year, and will be going again this year. For $59 you get 2 mimosa (bucks fizz) cocktails and unlimited trips to the brunch. I know you said that buffet isn't for you, but it is a better than average view, and if you get window seats its definitely worth it! One thing I would say is remember the section you are in, as it obviously isn't the same place after you go up to the buffet :D

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Thanks so much UKNY - I will go ahead and book - and remember the section :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Instead of paying so much for brunch, why not go for dessert some evening or even a drink? View is the same.;)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,744 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

People who like it most likely also like buffet food (not that there's anything wrong with that). If you are not really that into buffet, $59 plus I presume tax and tip is a whole lot of money for a nice view

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Also it revolves rather than evolves ;-)

London
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Sorry to jump in on your question, but Is it worth it for dessert and drinks after a show? do they prepare deserts all night or would i be left with whats left over? i see the price is $21 plus the $8 cover fee, so i guess there are better places to go after a show for $30 each?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

There are much better places to go for dessert (and I don't know how often they replenish) but the view is quite dramatic. I'd be more inclined to go for drinks before dinner or a show. I think before 6 pm there's no cover charge in the loung for drinks. The drinks are still pricey (~$15)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

Ha ha LMV - you are right off cause.

Thanks NYWhiz- I think it is much better to get the dessert option - it is a third of the price and then we can use the Sunday to get brunch somewhere else

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
76 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

We went for drinks at The View several nights since we stayed in the hotel and didn't have to pay the cover charge. If you go early, there's no cover, but a 1 drink minimum and drinks are ~$15 each. But the view is something else. We did the dessert bar one night, think cruise ship desserts. Nothing spectacular, but we had a nice time.

10. Re: Brunch at The view at Marriott - to go or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16