I've been to NYC once before with girlfriends and stayed in the Murray Hill area. This time with my husband we will be staying at the Loews Regency since we were able to get a good deal. I have a few questions.
1. How hard would it be to take public transit from JFK to the hotel? We arrive early on a Saturday morning around 8am. I've looked at various routes but can't understand which is the easiest, etc. Or should we just pay the $75 taxi ride?!
2. Any recommendations for dining in the area of the hotel - especially for breakfast? Best bagel place in the area?
3. Best bar in the area for drinks? (we're an early 40s couple)
4. Any interesting shopping in this area besides the major stores?
5. Are all the clothing sample sales only in the lower Manhattan area?
6. Since we are so close to Central Park what is a must see there? I didn't realize last time I walked through a small part of it that there are several areas to it. Perhaps we should rent a bike?
Thanks in advance for your help! Any other tips are much appreciated too.