We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Car transportation

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Black Car transportation

Has anyone heard or used Black Car Transportation? We are a group of 10 traveling from Newark Airport to the cruise docks in Cape Liberty, NJ. We are arriving too late to use the ship shuttle so need a reliable mode of transportation to insure we get to the docks in time. Someone had mentioned this company in a post or something I saw someplace. Their price is really good, but I am concerned as to whether they are reliable. Any suggestions as to a reliable transportation company?

Thanks

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Car transportation

I might be wrong, but it might be referring to the general term "black car" service. It's typically the black Town Cars or other luxury or non-luxury sedans people use for car service. They aren't necessarily black but usually are. I would not recommend catching a gypsy cab from the airport (black cars that solicit illegal rides)--if a driver that you did not reserve asks if you need a ride, don't take it. Stand in a designated taxi line. Uber is a popular car service that you can sign up and book cars. Or wait for a cab, or call one of the local cab companies to reserve a minivan/shuttle.

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Car transportation

It is an actual company called Black Car Transportation. I found their website and I emailed them. They responded quickly to my email. The quoted a great price, $120 each way for 10 people and the price includes tolls, but not tips. I asked how to go about reserving their service and they did not answer that question. The response was in very broken English. I love the price, but also know the adage, you get what you pay for, do don't want to take a chance since we will need something very reliable to get us to the cruise on time. I was hoping to hear from someone who have used them and tell me their experience.

Thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Car transportation

Have you looked at Dial7, Carmel and All State? Those are often recommended here?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,325 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Car transportation

I am scared for you when I read that you are arriving too late to use the ship's shuttle. That means you are cutting it close to make your cruise! What happens if you flight is delayed? I would reconsider and get a flight that can make the ship's shuttle.

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Car transportation

I have contacted Dial 7 and Carmel but haven't heard of All state. I will have to google them and see what I can find out. Dial 7 was a little higher than Carmel. Thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Car transportation

There are 10 of us on the flight. I am sure it would be too expensive to reschedule all of us. We had thought we would be fine, but our plane lands at 12:30 and the ship leaves at 4. The last ship shuttle leaves the airport at noon. We just learned however that we need to be aboard ship by 2:30. At the time we booked we had a choice of a flight that got in at 7:30 am or the one we booked. A week after we booked another flight came available on a different line that was a perfect time, but we were already booked on this flight. Hopefully we will be good. There should be no weather delays.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,197 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black Car transportation

Make sure you have good travel insurance. If your flight even gets slightly delayed you could miss the sailing.

This is why most people recommend flying in the night before a cruise departure.

Frankly I would walk out the airport and leap right into three taxis. Car service can be late and if you are stuck waiting for them you could miss your sailing too.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Black Car transportation

Since both places are in NJ, you should really repost on the New jersey forum. I would look at Airbrook. They have large vans.

9. Re: Black Car transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16