We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Pass + budget for 3 weeks

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 posts
Save Topic
New York Pass + budget for 3 weeks

Hello!

I'm going to NYC at the end of August for about 2 weeks and then heading to California for a week. My hotel and transportation are all paid for.

Is 3,500 USD enough to pay for food, museum tickets and other incidentals? I'm not going to any bars or clubs, and I'm keeping my shopping there very minimal, just a few souvenirs. I plan to eat at chipotle, pret a manger, subway and the likes -- nothing fancy. I also plan on getting a metro card for transportation. Would 3,500 USD be enough?

Also, do you recommend getting a New York Pass to enter museums and attractions, or should I pay for those separately?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Pass + budget for 3 weeks

Hussain, re the Pass..what proportion of the 80+ things do you want to see that are on the Pass? If you want to see a lot of the options on that, then go for it.

3 weeks is a great amount of time, you'll be able to see so much. My understanding for that pass is the price goes up depending on the number of days that you want to use it, and that the max number of days is 7...that's 10+ sites a day! And they offer 'tours' for some things you just don't need a tour for - eg the Highline. You can do this on your own really easily. $25 saving? Not really.

An alternative is the NYC Pass... http://www.citypass.com/new-york - 6 sites, 9 days...I'd do that if it was my first time in NYC and I was a fan of art museums.

But it's really up to you about what you want to see.

AND re your food choices - chipotle, pret a manger, subway and the likes - can I suggest you can do much better (and much more NYC) by looking for cheap pizzas, the street vendors and man other choices.

Hope you have a great time...3 weeks - lucky you!

2. Re: New York Pass + budget for 3 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16