We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City with friends

Chilliwack, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New York City with friends

Myself and two friends are going to New York City for a few days and are wondering what the MUST do things are of New York City?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,342 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York City with friends

all depends on whats your interest. If you look at the attraction list ranking on TA, you kind of get an idea what most people do but not necessary a must do for everyone,

tripadvisor.com.sg/Attractions-g60763-Activi…

to me whats important to come home with a good memory and experience of the city and the people we meet. a broadway show is like a pilgrimage to me every visit!

Edited: 04 August 2014, 06:10
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York City with friends

For a first timer staying for a few days these are my must do's. They might be different for others though:

Empire State Building or Top of the Rock

Central Park

Brooklyn Bridge

Statue of Liberty

Times Square at night

A big museum like The Met or American Museum of Natural History

After that, there are so many other things you could do that you'd need weeks to do them all.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York City with friends

What is it you love doing? What draws you to come to New York instead of any other city in the world. The answer would help us to help you.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York City with friends

**What is it you love doing? What draws you to come to New York instead of any other city in the world. The answer would help us to help you.**

+1

5. Re: New York City with friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16