We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

Saint Paul
1 post
Save Topic
how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

can you tell me if it is walkable, and if not do you recommend subway or cab?

USA
Level Contributor
10,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

It is walkable if you can handle a 4 mile walk.

It is easier to take the subway, use the mta trip planner for you exact start point, here is the subway map:

http://web.mta.info/maps/submap.html

Edited: 08 August 2014, 02:38
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

The answer depends on what you consider walkable. You can walk it, but I would plan on at least an hour to do so. A subway from Times Square will take 10-15 minutes . It's much cheaper than a Taxi and no worry about traffic.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 02:39
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

Depends on how you define "walkable", it's over 4 miles - certainly not impossible in the context of a day's wandering around, but probably a bit too far unless you want to see things in between.

Subway is quick and easy: https://goo.gl/maps/z3LXh No real reason to take a cab.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,837 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

Assuming you're planning a trip where you will spend a few days and do additional sightseeing and exploring, get to know maps.google.com In the Directions section, you can get subway/bus directions by hitting the train icon, and walking time estimates and directions by hitting the person icon.

Things to do, see and explore are spread out. They aren't all clustered near TS.

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
5,306 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

There are several ways to go by subway. One would be taking the R train from Times Square to Cortlandt Street. The eastern side of the site is still under construction and you will have to walk around this area to get to the memorial on the west.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

Definitely walkable and my prefered option. I think its a great walk, straight down Broadway stopping in shops and eateries along the way.

the subway is great but you miss so much of the city.

for me it didn't feel like 4miles as i wondered along taking in all around me.

i am back in two weeks and plan on walking pretty much everywhere 😊 its the only way to really experience Manhattan xx

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

Subway.

8. Re: how far is it from time square to trade center memorial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17