We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

Following advice from this forum I booked a hotel using a corporate code and got a really great rate. But now I'm scared that when I check-in that someone will ask me why I used the code and I'll have to pay full rate which we in no way could afford.

Has anyone had trouble using these codes before?

The hotel is the Hampton Inn Times Square North.

DC
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

I suppose you could give them a stolen credit card or counterfeit currency, those strategies would save you even more than fraudulently using a corporate code. But you might draw the line at nasty behavior that can land you in jail.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,863 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

Does it happen to be the Hilton MVP rate? If so, it's perfectly fine (if you are an Hhonors member).

If it's truly a "corporate" code belonging to a negotiated rate by a company you have nothing to do with, I would not use it.

California
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

I'm not familiar with the "advice" you received. Are you affiliated with the organization providing corporate code? If not, I would cancel and book other accommodations in your price range. Often when I traveled on business I was asked for ID/Corp credit card upon check-in.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

I am a Hilton honors member and the code was given out on this forum I'm not sure what the thread was but it was a few months ago. I'd say it was a honors code so it should be ok, I checked my booking and it says it was a MVP rate.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,234 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

100% with Warmwinds. If it's for a HH MVP Rate, it should be ok.

If however, as mentioned, you've obtained a Contracted Corporate Rate Code for a specific company, it's not good. It can be followed up in numerous ways. Through reservation vigilance, and through a company corporate monthly activity summary. If caught, the consequences can vary from balance payment request, to being placed on a global blacklist.

So in general, obtaining random codes from a public forum, isn't particularly a good idea.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 12:11
new york
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

I've used the hilton honors mvp rate and I was never asked for anything. It was my understanding that you just needed to be an honors member.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,930 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

No problem. If you got the ode here, it's an MVP rate. As long as you belong to Hilton Honors you're fine.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

This has always irritated me. I was an HHonors member for years before I found out (from FlyerTalk) about all these discount codes that I could have been using. Shouldn't Hilton be telling me about these kinds of things, instead of me finding out from a random forum posting that I just happened to stumble upon?

-JimG

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

I don't know if Hilton wants everyone to know about them?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,234 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trouble for using corporate code to book hotel?

G'day Jim,

I noticed you used a past tense in reference to HH. Are you still with them?

I completely agree with your sentiments about HH, they really ought to be showing more priority to their members, with prompt and timely notifications. For frequent travelling corporates, HH really isn't the best, and for many, their lasts point devaluation was the last straw.

I'm sure you've already come across it on the Business Travel forum, but in case you hadn't, this one thread in particular is quite reflective of similar sentiments to yours;

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12407-k3417…

Edited: 09 August 2014, 16:50