We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Wedding Reception

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NYC Wedding Reception

I am wondering if someone could help. My partner and I are travelling to NY from Scotland next April to get married in Central Park. All aspects of the wedding are organised except for the Wedding reception. We will have around 30 guests and are thinking about booking The Spirit of New York dinner cruise. I have read some mixed reviews for this cruise from holiday makers, but not many reviews from people who have had their reception onboard, or from guests who attended a Wedding reception. Is there anyone who would be able to give their views of this cruise?

I am aware there are more formal cruises available, but we are really looking for a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of drinks and dancing. We are more concerned about giving our guests a unique experience than a traditional run of the mill wedding meal. (Having said that, I do have concerns that it is a buffet style dinner and need reassurance that the food is of a good standard!)

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
142 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,121 Reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,018 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,130 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Wedding Reception

I think it's fairly pricey, but if you want a unique NYC experience for a small party, you could try renting 632 Hudson:

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Wedding Reception

Thank you, I will check that out!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Wedding Reception

How about the Terrace Room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? The Museum also has an outside terrace. For more information, see:

Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Wedding Reception

We are getting married in New York next year and was looking at the spirit/bateaux cruise dinners, so I too would be interested in peoples opinions of this.

5. Re: NYC Wedding Reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:16