We will be spending 4 nights (3 full days) in NYC in September with 2 Adults and 2 kids (boys aged 7 and 9) and just have a few questions to ask.
1) What is the best way to get from JFK to our hotel (near Times Square). I am thinking either cab or a car service (have heard that Dial 7 is good) - what would be the approximate cost do you think for a cab?
2) Is it worth buying a New York City Pass http://www.citypass.com/new-york or New York Pass https:/… for both cost and convenience (ie ticket lines etc??) We will be aiming to see the following attractions
- Top of the Rock or Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty
- American Museum of Natural History
- World Trade Centre Memorial
3) Cycling Central park - any good deals with hiring bikes and I have heard that you can't cycle in some areas so just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I noticed that the NY Pass includes bike hiring.
4) Transfers from Times Square to Newark to pick up our hire car for the rest of the trip - again cab or car service and approximate costs.
I think that is it. I have been to NYC once before and some of those attractions so I know a little bit about what to expect however that was with no kids and was part of a prize which included transfers and a city pass so I haven't had to purchase these at all.