We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOTR question

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TOTR question

Hi,

We're planning on doing TOTR one evening on our trip at the end of September (sunset will be about 6.50pm). On their website I can see that there is a lot of information/exhibits in the Rockafeller centre that is included in the TOTR entry like the mezzanine exhibit, the beam walk and a theater show. I was just wondering if they can be visited after going up to the observation deck or whether you have to come straight down after you've been to the top. Just trying to work out our times as don't want to rush around them if we know we can go back to bits after sunset. But if we can't go back how long would people allow to do these bits before going to the observation deck? We'd like to get out in daylight and watch it get dark.

Also I know ESB have a saxophonist Thursday- Saturday evenings, does TOTR have anything like that? We've picked TOTR for the evening trip as it sounds a more pleasant place to be for a longer period of time whereas ESB sounds too crowded/ busy. We are going to do ESB, but first thing one morning.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TOTR question

It sounds like you want to purchase "combo" tickets, and for more information about that, see:

http://tinyurl.com/3sm6xfc

CH

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TOTR question

The beam walk and the theater show are just part of the walk from the entrance to the final elevators.

The beam walk is not a walk. You just get your photo taken with a beam and a skyline photo behind you. Then pay big dollars for it when you come back down from the top. You can even skip this and walk around it.

The theater show is just a quick film about the Rockefeller Center before the final elevators.

I don't recall the mezzanine exhibit. It's probably in the foyer when you first enter.

There are no saxophonists on TOTR that I know of.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 23:02
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TOTR question

Thanks for your replies. That confirms what I thought (that it wouldn't be much, but was being over-egged on the website), but just thought I'd check to see.

Don't think we'll go for the combo ticket, I'm happy to just go up once

4. Re: TOTR question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16