We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Hall wedding

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
City Hall wedding

Hey all - some advice needed.

Getting married in NYC in 8 weeks and I'm confused about the subject of the extended marriage certificate. Is it necessary for UK residents?

Many thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,390 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Hall wedding

Bumping this up.

There have been lots of the same question in the past. This is fairly recent: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6040…

Lancaster, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: City Hall wedding

I got married in May this year and didn't get the extended certificate, and I've managed to change everything fine so far.

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Hall wedding

Civil weddings are not performed at the actual City Hall, but at the office of the City Clerk which is nearby at 141 Worth Street in the Foley Square complex of government buildings.

4. Re: City Hall wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:18