We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of the rock

england
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Top of the rock

Hi we are going yo NYC 29/9 and looking to go to top of the rock. On line there on two types of tickets scheduled or un scheduled. Is there any advantage of getting an un scheduled ticket. Should we even bother to get a ticket before hand? Thanks!

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top of the rock

There are rarely long lines. I was there on a Sunday afternoon last month. I did have timed tickets because I bought the combo ticket for the tour (worth it). It's not like ESB, the crowds are smaller (and the view better IMHO)

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top of the rock

"...there any advantage of getting an un scheduled ticket..."

Yes, if the day is rainy or foggy you have the advantage of going when the weather is better. We have been many times and have never purchased an advanced ticket....that said, we live here and are retired so our time may not as be precious as yours.

CH

Edited: 16 August 2014, 21:09
england
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top of the rock

Maybe we I'll just get tickets on the day. We can then pick a day depending on god weather. We could even do it once we have checked into the hotel. I think Ed land about 14.30. Does this found doable. Thanks

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top of the rock

Yes, that sounds fine. However, we prefer the ToTR in the evening because it offers us great views of the Empir State Building all lit in colors appropriate to current events. Also, just prior to sunset the ToTR offers great views of Central Park and its lakes and ponds.

CH

Edited: 18 August 2014, 21:44
Hampshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top of the rock

I was planning to go on a Wednesday morning in 3 weeks time at about 11.00am. Was going to book in advance (as I am a book everything in advance type of person!). Should I just walk in and get tickets on the day? I just have this image that there will be queues everywhere. Have been once before to new York but that was in January - freezing and no queues!

Edited: 18 August 2014, 21:46
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top of the rock

"...Should I just walk in and get tickets on the day?..."

Well, yes, you could do that, but we never have. But again, we live here and are retired so our time may not as be precious as yours.

In any case, September is not January with much warmer temperatures.

CH

Edited: 18 August 2014, 21:49
7. Re: Top of the rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:18