We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

I am leaving tomorrow morning, check in at 8 am.. Do I need to leave at 5 on a taxi to get

There on time really ? That's what the reception is telling me but it seems too early

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,696 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

Is your recommended check-in time at 8am, or is that your flight time? Is it an international flight?

Where is your starting point?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

Hi there

Check is is 830 at the latest not flight time. It's a domestic flight and flight leaves around 10.

I have checked in online.

I am leaving from Chelsea 8th / 23rd st west

Thank you

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

When going to JFK we always use a car service. We live in the Village, but if we were going to JFK by taxi on a Sunday morning from your starting point, we would be in the taxi and on the way at 7:30 AM to ensure being at the airport between 8:15 to 8:30 AM.

CH

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

I left midtown this morning for a domestic flight that departed at 10am, I left Hotel at 715am & it only took 25mins, so I was well & truly checking in by 8am, I was going to catch a taxi but the concierge asked if we wanted a car for the same price which was us$65, then add tip

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

Thank you that is very helpful

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

If you are leaving from West 23rd Street and Eighth Avenue, you have the E train right outside your door, and at that hour it runs every 8 minutes. if you are in the subway by 6:30 or 6:45, you will get to Sutphin Boulevard (where you change for the AirTrain) by about 7:15-- and that will be more than enough time to get to your Terminal by well before 8 AM -- and the whole cost will be one subway fare (maximum $2.50) and an AirTrain fare ($5) for a maximum total of $7.50

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,783 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

The airtravel forum is full of posts by people who missed flights because they left just the EXACT time theoretically needed to get to the airport. The people on then upset that the airlines forced them to buy a very expensive new ticket for another flight after they missed theirs. I would never leave minimal time. All it takes is one accident on the roadway--or one 'sick passenger" on the train to slow you down. You have to decide would you rather sleep in and assume everything will go smoothly, or would you rather get there early and know you are there. I now what I do.

8. Re: Help me pls with getting a taxi to JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:16