We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sarabeth's Location?

England
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sarabeth's Location?

We're thinking of doing brunch at Sarabeth's during our drip in early December. Is there much in it between the various locations or are they mostly the same? (Menu wise and likeliness to get a table etc). Should we book in advance?

Park Avenue South and Tribeca will be closest to our Chinatown location but we'll likely be out beforehand exploring anyway so can be flexible with the location.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

Hey ZuluGoose:-) They're all similar.. style and menu;-) Brunch is popular so would definitely look to make a res.. go the www.opentable.com/ and choose the location you want;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

Whenever we go to a chain like Sarabeth’s we also consider the location. Consequently, we suggest the Sarabeth’s at the Chelsea Market (main entrance on 9th Avenue between 15th & 16th Streets) as the Market is one of the best shopping experiences in all of NYC, and we enjoy that experience at least weekly: wonderful food shopping, great restaurants, kitchenware, clothes, artisans, gifts, magical displays and photographs, talented musicians…the “gestalt” simply cannot be better.

Further, the Highline is nearby and provides a beautiful prelude or finale to the Market (and Sarabeth’s), and it is also a great place to grab some "rays" (even on sunny December days) and meet folks from all over the planet. The Highline is a living museum that challenges the imagination: fields of grasses and wildflowers, green lawns for sunbathing, birch arbors, City canyons, tree canopy walkovers, local artists & entertainers, water fountains, educational sessions for kids....even an amphitheater, and all of it is suspended 30 feet above the City below.

CH

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

The location in Chelsea Market is only a bakery, not a full-service Sarabeth's restaurant. The other locations are similar, as Litsa says, and typically book up for brunch, so I agree with her that you should choose based on your itinerary for that day and reserve in advance. Enjoy!

Manteo, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

I enjoyed the Sarabeth's at Central Park South. I had a window seat and enjoyed seeing the horse carriages while I ate brunch. Afterwards, I walked over and enjoyed the park. This would be my choice. I ate at the Tribeca location and that was nice but I missed the Central Park South location and it was all I could think about while there. Either way the food is delicious and you'll definately enjoy that! Have a great trip!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

Yup, Sarabeth's at the Chelsea Market is a bakery AND serves breakfast and lunch (and in between) until 3 PM, and for the best information see their full menu at:

http://tinyurl.com/nxud3jz

Coupled with the experience of the Market and the Highline, it is a wonderful way to spend any time of the day.

CH

Edited: 17 August 2014, 22:00
England
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

Thank you - we will definitely make a reservation if we go, although i've now found a few other brunch places so need to sit down and make my mind up, they all sound so good!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

I agree, there are loads of great brunch spots in NYC!

FYI - you cannot make a reservation at the Chelsea Market location. It may serve some breakfast items and sandwiches in addition to baked goods, but it is not a full service restaurant. The menu there is much smaller than the menus at the five full-service Sarabeth's restaurants.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

"...The menu there is much smaller than the menus at the five full-service Sarabeth's restaurants..."

...and this case, smaller is better as it is the bakery and everything is exquisitely fresh and the Chelsea Market and Highline adds to the experience.

CH

Edited: 18 August 2014, 23:20
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,846 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

I like Sarabeth's in that they have a great brunch-like breakfast any day of the week. For weekend brunch, you have many more options.

I've been to Sarabeth's in the Upper West Side and the location at Central Park South. Both were good, but I think I'd give the slight edge to UWS for food quality. That's just based on two random experiences though.

Even on a weekday morning at about 9:30am, Sarabeth's Central Park South had a long wait. Not lines out the door, but a good number of people in the entry area, and this isn't a place with a quick turnover. I was lucky that I was dining alone and could nab a spot at the small bar. Booking is a good idea (and it's great that they even allow reservations for breakfast)

Edited: 19 August 2014, 02:05
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sarabeth's Location?

I also go to Sarabeth's for weekday brunch; like Chris there are other places that I prefer for weekend brunch. Not to say that Sarabeth's isn't good, but on the weekends there are sooo many options. :)

I live fairly close to the Park Avenue South location, and it's been pretty empty every time I've gone. Again, I'm talking around 10-11 am on a weekday...it may be packed at other times.

Enjoy!