We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

Highlands Ranch...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

We are taking our adult children and their boyfriends to NY in September. I am very frustrated having tried BNB, VRBO and every hotel booking site I can think of. I would like to spend 400-500 a night and be on a subway that just has a few stops to Times Square. Is this impossible? Should I just look at Jersey City or Brooklyn?

Grateful for any help.

Donna

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,100 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

What are the exact dates and are you looking for 3 rooms each with one bed; 2 rooms w/ 2 beds, etc? Also, is that $400-$500 per night a total for all 6 of you?

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

What are your exact dates? I think the most economical option is 2 rooms with 2 queen beds... post your exact dates though and you can get suggestions.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 00:54
Highlands Ranch...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

My dates are 9/18 to 9/21. Although it would be nice to stay in one room, I am thinking 2 full/ queen in one room and maybe a pull out couch, I am having a hard time even finding those options.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,091 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

The Wyndham Tryp has a family room with two queen beds, a pull out couch and a set of adult sized bunk beds. Large room and some have two bathrooms too. You need to call about the rooms with two bathrooms.

One bathroom with six adults will make for some long waits.

There are lots of one bedroom suites, but most hotels will not accept 6 adults in them.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

2 rooms at the Courtyard Midtown East would be within your budget. They have rooms with a king + sofa bed and 2 queens + sofa bed.The sofa bed needs to be requested for all room types after making the reservation.I've sent you a private message...

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,558 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

Remember that cramming into one room usually means one bathroom. It could take you forever to get ready to head out in the morning.

Stay away from VRBO, AirBnB, etc. Short term vacation rentals are almost all illegal in NYC. Though people still engage in the illegal deals, they are often very messy and problematic. Read the Top Questions section, question #2.

Ivan is great at finding deals, so if his option works for you, go for it. Otherwise, you really may need to re-think your budget. Sept is a pricey time for NYC hotels.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

6 adults? Get as many bathrooms as possible. 3 cheap rooms?

I don't think I would stay in a hotel room with both my parents and my boyfriend. You must be a close family:-)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

That weekend is very expensive. Is the UN in an opening session or something? Check RCA and the Affinias, both aparthotels.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

I like RCA/Radio City Apartments, but isn't it capped at five adults?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in NY with 6 adults?

I don't know, ClanW. Affinias take 6?