We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine prior to broadway show

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine prior to broadway show

With the overwhelming choices of restaurants we are looking for a suggestion of where to have dinner prior to our broadway show. We are not picky eaters so any cusine works however we tend to enjoy "modern American eclectic" type of dishes. Price is not an issue however we only want suggestions that accept reservations. Thanks!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

Also we will be celebrating a honeymoon so just in general upscale famous restaurants for special occasions are greatly appreciated as well!

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

Personally, I would just grab a light dinner that night, and save your special dinner for another night--as most shows start around 8 pm, so you would have to be at the theater around 7:30, which makes for a fairly early dinner.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

"...Personally, I would just grab a light dinner that night, and save your special dinner for another night...."

+1, and we would add that your options are wider and much better outside of the theatre district in terms of food and expense.

CH

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,638 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

Lots of restaurants offer pre-theater dinners prior to Broadway show times.

The Marshal in Hell's Kitchen offers Pre-Theater and is close to the theater district.

http://www.the-marshal.com/

eatingwithziggy.com/2014/…

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

",,,Also we will be celebrating a honeymoon so just in general upscale famous restaurants for special occasions are greatly appreciated as well!..."

Well, one of our favorite pre-show haunts is Uncle Nick’s, at 747 Ninth Avenue (just north of 50th Street). It is Greek food at its best, complete with an open grill for BBQing whole fish and meats. The appetizers and salads are also great. And the price is right. For more information, see:

http://www.unclenicksgreekrestaurant.com/

That said, though the food is GRAND we cannot call it "upscale".

CH

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

Agree with Harriet14901, grab something light and make an event of dinner another night.

Or, I would suggest having a late dinner that night. NYC is great for late night eats, and you're probably better to score a seat at a popular place from 10pm onwards. I'd recommend taking the subway down to the West Village to hit up Dell'Anima or The Spotted Pig or down to Soho to the ever impressive Blue Ribbon - it's open to the early hours every night.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
298 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

My top picks in the theatre district for a special meal are ESCA (incredible seafood), Osteria Al Doge (italian), Marseille (french/italian combo). They all take reservations and have web sites where you can check out the menus.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

Show name, theater, address? It's true that the Theater District isn't large, but you'll want to have a short walk to join the annoying line (because the management won't pay to open the doors before 1/2 hour before curtain.) And it you had a bottle of wine, you might, er, want to use the facilities, with a second line, indoors!

Thank you for specifying your budget. It will help after we know the show.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

My friends and I, from canada, are lookiing at Two Times Square for pre-theatre dinner. The view looks fun! Good or bad idea?

10. Re: Where to dine prior to broadway show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:17