We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for October?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to pack for October?

Hi,

Me an my partner are traveling to NYC from 8th to 13th October. Can anybody advise me on what the weather is like and what to pack clothes wise? Thanks

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,778 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for October?

Chilly weather is possible, but truly cold weather is unlikely. Mild to moderately warm weather is also possible, where you might need only a light shirt during the afternoon. Truly hot weather is unlikely. Rain is always a possibility.

Pack good walking shoes, socks, lighter weight shirts with both light and heavier layers to wear over. A light weight jacket wouldn't be a bad idea but not absolutely essential if you'd prefer sweaters (or what you might call cardigans or pullovers).

Beyond that, what to pack for clothes will depend on what you want to do and where you want to go (e.g. nicer restaurants, trendy bars, etc). Just know that you don't need hot weather clothes or sandals and you don't need truly cold weather clothes or boots. Probably pack what you'd wear for autumn in Liverpool.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for October?

'....traveling to NYC from 8th to 13th October. Can anybody advise me on what the weather is like and what to pack clothes wise?..."

We say pack clothes for the actual weather, and here is a link that will provide the best "guess't'imates":

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/10001

Access the link a day or two before you arrive and you will have a pretty good idea of what to pack.

CH

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for October?

A lightly lined black knee length trench would work. Bring a sweater that you can wear under this at night if you need it. Pants and closed toed shoes. NYC is a damp island.

4. Re: What to pack for October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:17