We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in New York

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in New York

Hello, just wondering if anyone has been to Dave and Busters or Chevys at new years in Times Square. Or else any suggestions where to go in Times Square, we dont want to stand around for 12 hours and we have an 8 year old. Thanks.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in New York

Have a look at this link from last year of lots of things to do with kids on NYE: tripadvisor.com.au/…53723941

Are you aware that unless you line up for 12 hours for the ball drop you have not guarantees of seeing it? If not, do a forum search about NYE in Times Square as its crazy place.

2. Re: New Years Eve in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 09:39
Perth, WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in New York

We definitely not going into times square but into one of restaurants around it...the tripadvisor let link u put up looks good though..thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in New York

Do the above both allow minors? I would check

To be being in Times Square at all at NYE is a bad plan ESPECIALLY with an 8 yr old

I would rethink this

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,805 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in New York

They both allow minors ( I also had the question and checked) but I do not know how many minors would be there--and personally, do not think it is a place for kids. ( but what do I know)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in New York

I agree

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve in New York

I know children can go to these...the question was which is better or any suggestions, not your opinion on whether I take my child or not....I am coming from Australia..should I leave him at hotel with babysitter.. I think not..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve in New York

No one is saying that at all - I was simply saying that there are better and probably more suitable options than going to the likes of Chevys or Daves and Busters with an 8 year old

London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve in New York

Central Park for fireworks :)

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve in New York

",,Central Park for fireworks :).."

+1

For great fun on New Year’s Eve, how about a bike ride? This is an annual event that in past years has started in the heart of The Village at 10:00 PM at Washington Square Park (under the arch) to bike or rollerblade to the Belvedere Castle in Central Park (by 11:45 PM) for music, dance, and fireworks to ring in the New Year. Participants are encouraged to dress festively and bring their own food and drink for the after party. For more information later in the year, see:

http://times-up.org/calendar/calendar.php

And whether or not you participate in the Bike Ride, we say forget the penned-up "ball drop" and come to Central Park and meet the local New Yorkers and enjoy the fireworks....fun for children of all ages.

CH